Community invited to celebrate grand opening in Downtown Athens
Up to 100 guests to earn free year of Chick-fil-A meals by participating in unique Scavenger Hunt
ATHENS, Ga. (Nov. 5, 2018) – Veteran Chick-fil-A Franchise Owner Shane Todd will open the chain’s newest Athens restaurant on Nov. 5, bringing a new design that makes it easier for customers on the go to find the handcrafted food and award-winning customer service they’ve come to expect.
Designed for urban locations where land is at a premium and pedestrian traffic is high, Chick-fil-A’s in-line restaurant concept is coming to Athens for the first time with the Nov. 5 opening at 101 College Ave. Instead of a stand-alone building which Chick-fil-A typically builds in more suburban settings, the in-line restaurant is a better fit for the customers of a more urban location, offering some of Chick-fil-A’s most craveable menu choices served with genuine hospitality in a restaurant setting that keeps a more pedestrian demographic is mind.
While the restaurant may look different from others in Athens, Todd’s long-held commitment to mentoring his newly hired 65 Team Members and having a positive impact on the community they serve remains unchanged. Todd is inviting residents to join in the opening festivities at his new restaurant by participating in a community celebration on Nov. 2, featuring Chick-fil-A’s First 100 Scavenger Hunt experience that embodies a 15-year Chick-fil-A tradition of community engagement. Chick-fil-A’s First 100 event will have given away more than $36 million through year-end 2018.
First 100 Scavenger Hunt Event and Children’s Book Drive
Registration for the First 100 Scavenger Hunt will begin at 6 a.m., Nov 2, at the restaurant and will continue until 100 eligible participants are registered or until 10:30 a.m., whichever comes first. Participants will be required to complete the Scavenger Hunt, as designated by the rules with speed not being a factor, and return to the restaurant at 2 p.m.
Other details include:
• Participants will have plenty of time to finish the Scavenger Hunt which will involve completing activities at sites located within less than a mile of the new restaurant.
• Eligible participants, ages 18 and older, who follow the rules and complete all the required tasks, will win a digital offer card loaded with a one-year supply of free Chick-fil-A Meals (52 meals with each consisting of a Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich, medium Waffle Potato Fries and a medium beverage).
• Open to participants residing in specific zip codes surrounding the restaurant, a complete listing of rules and details can be found at https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.com/News/Future-Openings. If more than 100 people are onsite when the line officially opens at 6 a.m. a drawing will be held to select 100 participants.
• Participants can earn a chance to receive a bonus prize along the way. Guests of participants will also be given an opportunity to earn a prize during the Scavenger Hunt and are invited to join in the afternoon festivities that will conclude around 5 p.m., with prizes awarded around 3 p.m.
The celebration includes a children’s book drive benefitting the Head Start Program of Clarke County School District: Office of Early Learning., one of several organizations Todd is positively impacting and supporting in the community. Since 2014, Chick-fil-A has donated nearly 70,000 books to 341 local organizations in 45 states and Washington, D.C.
“We are incredibly honored to expand our opportunity to serve here in Athens and bring Chick-fil-A to the downtown area, where guests can enjoy our delicious food and remarkable service,” said Todd. “Having worked alongside hundreds of amazing Team Members in Athens for the past 18 years, it is because of them that we now have this remarkable privilege to continue to positively impact this community we love.”
Todd’s new 2,000-square-foot restaurant has been exclusively designed to both enhance all aspects of a guest’s experience and adapt to the unique location. Highlights include a:
• pedestrian friendly “grab-and-go” walk-up windows for easy ordering and pick-up.
• dining room that seats five indoor, with a vintage-inspired interior, light fixtures from recycled Coca-Cola bottles and peach baskets, and additional patio seating for 25.
• Chick-fil-A app mobile ordering designated pickup entrance and counter inside.
• modified menu with a variety of healthy and dietary options, including breakfast until 10:30 a.m. Open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday, and 7 a.m. to 3 a.m., Thursday and Friday. Closed Sundays.